Thursday, January 19, 2012

My First Birchbox







Hello everyone! =). How are you all? First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for being a regular visitor on my blog, and most specially, I would like to welcome my new friends ( I don't want to say followers) because I checked each and everyone who followed me and I, in return, definitely followed them back. I learned a lot from all of you girls and building a small friendship means a lot to me. <3


Ok..onto my very first beautybox - BIRCHBOX~!. First thing I can comment on the service was, the total failure of the shipping process. I mean, I was so excited to receive my box but though it was a good thing they sent me the tracking number, it got lost somewhere in California which took 3 weeks before it eventually arrive to my shipping address. I mean, I know it wasn't their fault (damn you USPS!), but being an avid customer it should have had sorted out as early as possible.


The box came in quite smaller than I expected. For $10/month? But you never know, it's the content that counts =). It comes with a very pretty pink box with white stripes representing their logo or something. I like that a welcome note was included made the box even more special (and exciting!). The box includes:

❤ Jouer Lip Gloss - a very cute fuchsia color. I actually love the smell. The finish is sheer and it isn't as sticky as most lip glosses I own. Loves it.

❤ Juicy Couture - I already owned the perfume and the rollerball one (which I always always kept in my purse everywhere I go). It smells really sweet and sexy at the same time. 

❤ VMV Hypoallergenics - this one's the biggest sample I got from the box. I was in need for an eye serum for ages and wanting to try one. It claims it brightens and revives under eye area. It has a lot of RE in it, revive, regenerate, renew, re re re re......

Zoya nail polish in Kristen - OMMGG this is my most fave of all! I wasn't a fan of pastel ones but I defnitely fell in love with this bluish gray color. It applies in perfectly. Not too watery. And dries off easily. I love it. Will be checking out other colors soon =)

..and, the box also comes with a chocolate bar, and a magnetic post-it something (idk what its called) =). Overall, I didn't hated the box only because it came later than I expected. I became excited when I see Juicy Couture and Zoya in it. I rate it 4/5. 




If you want to subscribe to any of the beauty boxes available in your country, I made a blog post for you to check out if you're interested =)


Have fun! =)

xoxo
Teli


24 comments:

  1. Love the colour of the nail polish :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I like the nail polish! I think the color is really spring ;)
    We don't have birchbox in Germany, but we have Glossybox and Douglas box of beauty, which I subscribe starting this month. So I'm waiting for my beauty boxes and hope they won't be dissapointing. :D

    x,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I do like it too :) and feels like spring with that pretty color.

    @jade
    thnx for the information, imma add Douglas link to the list. Hahha, hope everything went well with your beauty boxes though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you got some great stuff! Love that nail polish it looks like such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool! I'm thinking of checking this out now! great post!
    xoxo, Alexa

    https://stilettosandjuadevivre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of that polish!! So perfect for Spring =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. umm..looks and sounds exciting. you have now introduced me to it...I'll give it a try. Sorry for that lame inconvenience that was for you :-\

    esotericelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try a Zoya nail polish, I have heard only good things about them and that colour is gorgeous!

    www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! Looks like a fun treat box!

    <3Adriana

    http://twicestyled.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun box of goodies inside! I agree with you, the Zoya shade looks pretty.

    http://purejeanius.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. yaaay the exact same things as mine! you were totally right.. which product was your fave? mine was the nail polish :)

    now following you, would love you to follow back!

    happy weekend,
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's so nice!! did you get my glam too?


    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour of the nail polish!

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great BB! I love the lipgloss. I got that last month and it is such a pretty pink!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I am now following your fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. seem really interesting what you received (:!

    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/
    CMPang x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I love seeing what other boxes offer In Australia we have 5 beauty box companies. Check out my blog to see them :)
    http://beautyinabottleat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I would have got the Zoya polish, I got a Stila eyeliner and I love it, but I wish I would have got that polish too! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the zoya nail polish is amazing <3
    come check out my blog and follow back if you like it :)http://blushjewellery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I started a new blog. Its called "Same Same But Different". I would like to share with you my view on fashion, art and other amazing things. I hope you will enjoy the posts of my outfits, fashion and things which are a part of my life. I am happy about every comment or message. And please dont hasitate to criticize or to leave a helpful suggestion. (and i know i really need to learn how to use my camera)

    -> http://www.ssbdk.blogspot.com/

    Hope to read from you soon,

    best wishes
    Kamila

    ps. the nail polish is sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colour of that nail varnish!

    LS

    http://littlespindrift.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. So jealous <3
    I've always wanted to get a BirchBox. I always see other beauty bloggers with them and I'm like grrrr
    But they seem to be worth more than $10, especially because it seems like you get some decently sized products.
    Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been reading alot about these BirchBox from bloggers, it's so tempting to join!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow the nailpolish seems great
    i really like the color! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for droppin' by my blog. I appreciate each comment and it means a lot to me. <3 ^__^v


xoxo

teli


 photo blogby.jpg