Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shabby Chic Bedroom Ideas













"Florals. Vintagy. Patterns. Worn out pastel colors. Dirty off whites. Pleated curtains. Faux painting. Feminine" - this is Shabby Chic style. 

Ever since I moved to my new room, I instantly decided I am going to make a total new-room make-over. I had been in love with this type of interior design. Not only does it suits my personality but it feels warm and cozy with the slight touch of elegance in every angle. =)

My room is in its 'almost' finish state. I have a natural light facing bedroom with 3 windows all around the room (which is why my family always wants to stay in my room to chill out hehe!). Had the walls painted in cream white, and I used the same curtains I bought from Target from the Rachel Ashwells' Simply Shabby chic line including the bedsheets. Who wouldn't want a nice bedsheets? For me, it is the first thing people see in your room. It instantly changes the appearance of the whole room. I also bought sets of makeup table and a side table from IKEA which are soooo purty! =) My dad and brother have to help me screw everything up.

I have few more touch ups that I needed to finish (makeup stool, study chair, lamps and all other stuff) that I don't want to rush out anyways. Here are few of my research for ideas and inspirations. Any thoughts of where to buy and how to achieve that old English country style? =) Please do comment below and I would appreciate it a lot. Credits to the owners of the images from Google.

xoxo
teli ❤
^__^

20 comments:

  1. I loooooooove this style! I reminds me of like Jane Austen times or something! So girly and cute! I honestly would not know where to begin searching! I hope someone has an answer cuz I'd like to know too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such dreamy designs... put me in a lovely mood just by looking!!

    <3, J


    http://missjess211.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I so love the all white one. GORGEOUS! I bet you can't wait....ENJOY YOUR ROOM! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/
    SassyUptownChic xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the English countryside feel. All these bedroom photos are delicious loooking. Makes me want to crawl back into bed and read a book and drink some tea hehe :)

    I know shopruche.com has a home and office section full of a little accessories that might help finish a look. If it's your thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all! :D
    Can you show as your room when it's finished? :D
    I will love to see it! <3
    Thank you for following my blog, I'm also following yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! I love shabby chic.. so feminie. It's so pretty and cozy looking. I'd spend ALL day in a room like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!

    http://cuteminutenewt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love it!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the bedrooms ideas, very girly and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and I love this style. I wish it would come back full force. I used to have a lot of bedding and curtains like this from Laura Ashley, but after she passed away the family changed the style of the line to a more modern look and the company went downhill from there. Sometimes you can find pretty floral linens at Macy's or Lord and Taylor, any place that sell white French style furniture will have that elegant feminine touch and floral prints can often be picked up for very little in consignment stores, vintage or Victorian styled gift shops or even Home Goods. A cut crystal vase with silk flowers always adds a nice English country look as does any floral ceramic miniature trinket boxes, pretty perfume bottles displayed on a mirror tray, lots of floral toss pillows, lace doilies! Yes, I love the English country style look too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone! :)

    @elveneyes
    oh yes! I shop at Home goods as well :). Been eyeing on a table lamp (checkin in every other week if they have new ones coming out haha!). I haven't thought of Macys before but I'll definitely check that one out thank you so much!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness, these pics r heaven lol i loove vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are stunning, great interior inspo! Thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love third picture. This is how I imagine my bedroom in my futre house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love it, I wish I could decorate my room like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this room!!! Great Blog, keep it up!! Following! Follow back!! :)

    http://www.vantagepointvintage.com/blog 

    Forget me not,

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this style of interior, some great inspiration for my new room :-) xx

    Follow me if you would like - astepintostyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It really is <3

    Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's very nice. I love the shabby.
    J'ai tellement aimé ce post que je me suis permis faire un post moi aussi aujourd'hui en mettant un lien avec ton blog. Thank you. Bises. Astréor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for droppin' by my blog. I appreciate each comment and it means a lot to me. <3 ^__^v


xoxo

teli


 photo blogby.jpg