Monday, September 12, 2011

How Do You Let Go?



Does anyone believes in 3-month rule? Where in you tried your best to move on for 3 months after a break up and see if you are better without him. And NO dating within that 3 months. To someone out there who has feeling the same feeling as I am (currently), this one's for you..

It's been 2 months now since me and my ex broke up. We parted our ways and both agreed to let go because we hardly even had time for our relationship. We've been in a long distance relationship for a year and 3 months. And today would have been our 5 month. I always thinks about him and thinking if he still feels the same way. It was hard for me to move on because I still feel that I love him and my heart still longs for him even as much as I said it wasn't anymore. But yet, we both agreed there's nothing else we can do apart of the situation that we could still be friends.

First few weeks were hard. I tried to cover up the feeling and hide all the things he gave me or anything that would remind me of him. I have my friends and families to surround me which made it slightly easier to move on. I found something to keep me busy (and happy) - shopping and makeup ^__^. I don't normally do these kind of stuffs before but I realized every girl needs to boost some confidence in a natural way.

I then found blogging to be very helpful. I blog blog everything I feel like writing because it made me ventilate out my feelings and there are these amazing people (like you reading this ^_^), who has the same situations as I did, gives plentiful of advices. I feel like, I'm not an island. Just earlier this morning, I found this beautiful poem from Caroline's blog (Fashionista Diary) about the secret of real love.

"By time, you realize that to be happy with someone else, first, you need to learn not to need them.
You also realize that the person you love (or think you do) that doesn't love you back, is definitely not the person of your life.
You learn to love yourself, take care of yourself, and most of all, love someone that loves you.
The secret is not to run behind the butterflies, but take care of the garden so they can come to you.
And at the end, you are going to find, Not who you were looking for, but who was looking for you!"


What it means for me is to love thy self before loving anyone else. And not to look for someone but that someone would go look for you. I always look into this poem and made me realize that I CAN move on, let go and be happy for a good reason.

Love is a constant pain and yet it also made you even stronger. Life is too short to do silly things and pity thy self. SMILE -  it is the start of  something new...

^__^

4 comments:

  1. First, thank you sooo much for your comment on my blog!! :)
    I absolutely think like you, I'm on the same situation as you, I broke up with my ex bf two months ago, and it's still hard, but I'm doing my best and trying to move on!!
    Come on sweetie!

    Kiss!!
    Amanda
    http://somethingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive just got out of a 4 yr relationship, and in any break up it can be hard especially when youve been though so much with someone, but everything happens for a reason, and thats life you just have to move on and be the best you, if its ment to be it will be(:
    focus on keeping busy and blanceing life(:
    i hope i helped

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I'm happy that you liked the poem, I thought I was on that boat by myself, I feel honored that people like you enjoyed my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @amanda, beautybehaved, caroline
    You girls are amazing. <3 Thumbs up for learning how to move on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for droppin' by my blog. I appreciate each comment and it means a lot to me. <3 ^__^v


xoxo

teli


 photo blogby.jpg