Friday, August 10, 2012

NARS Sheer Matte Foundation, Primer, Laguna Bronzer


From left: Pore Refining Primer $32 | Sheer Matte Foundation $42 |  Laguna Bronzer $34 

NARS has definitely been one of my favorite and most trusted makeup brand of all. They live up to what they claim to be. Their products never fail to amaze me - the quality, superb; packaging, simple but very elegant matte feel; pricey, but fairly reasonable sometimes.

So I took a little hop on Nordstorm couple of weeks ago to, basically, buy something that I didn't ended up with. Instead, I found myself sitting on NARS section because this friendly sales lady was too kind to eventually give me a free makeup trial out to test their new makeup collection - Fall 2012 Color Collection. Although not included in the new collection, I fell inlove with the sheer matte foundation (which I was eyeing for so long but I really didn't want to buy it but oh well, #sales talk).

NARS Sheer Matte Foundation $42

I love it but..

-Pro-
Looks so flawless!
I like that it feels so feathery lightweight. Like I don't even wear a heavy foundation
Coverage is buildable
Color did matched me perfectly (I'm in Deauville)

-Cons-
Didn't lasted me the whole day
When I started getting oily on the side of my nose, small patches are visible (not good =/)
Took me a while to get the foundation out the glassy bottle





NARS Laguna Bronzer $34

My new baby bronzer =). After a year, I finally decided to get it and I didn't regretted it!

-Pro-
Love that it stays so long lasting (more than 12 hours!)
Doesn't look fake
Made my skin look bronzed -kissed glow
The package is huge!

-Cons-
None. I just love it!







NARS Pore Refining Primer (Oil- free) $32

Made foundation application so smooth and easy..

-Pro-
A velvetty- matte feel
A tiny drop goes all over the whole face
No smell
Can be used alone or under makeup, just to freshen up!
Gel formula made foundation application so smooth and easy
Made makeup last longer

-Cons-
Too pricey for a small tube





Like any high end makeup brands, they also launched their new skin care range that I wasn't aware about. They provide serums, cleansers, moisturizers, and everything along those lines. Plus, contrary to their elegant black packaging, their skin care ones are white lol (which I found cute). I only asked a sample of the skin lightening cream (for my dark spots), which after using it on my whole face for a day, holy guacamo* it made my skin bright! lol #literally. 




Have you tried any one of those mentioned above?
How about their new skin care range? 

xoxo,
teli ❤

6 comments:

  1. I have really wanted to try Nars out especially the Laguna bronzer. Deffo going to invest when I go on holiday in a few weeks :D

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good review.i always wanted to try nars products.great post.

    JOIN MY RING GIVEAWAY HERE:http://www.fashionforlife1.blogspot.gr/2012/08/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the NARS sheer glow foundation. Thanks for the thoughts on the sheer matte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post :)

    it is appreciated if you take time to visit my blog and follow me :)
    christian | my blog : www.christianyuen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your blog :) I am following you on gfc and would be very happy if you could visit my blog and follow me back :) Thank you :) Have a nice day :)

    majka-m87.blogspot.com

    Majka :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for droppin' by my blog. I appreciate each comment and it means a lot to me. <3 ^__^v


xoxo

teli


 photo blogby.jpg