Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Big Hair Bun Attempts







I was trying to make a big bun on my hair with this dough nut (donut) bun. I've always styled my hair the messy hair bun-way with just a ponytail (3rd pic). Though its so quick and easy, prolly takes me 5 seconds to make it LOL, but the bun is so small. So I went out, bought a dough nut bun from Claires, and tried out myself. But with this little soft foam right here? Phew! Took me a while before I can finally get my long layered hair 'sucked in' inside the bun (1st pic). I definitely need to take a lot of practice because it still is messy looking LOL. But I like it! =) No hair pins and no remaining hair. 

I also did tried the other method - which is the easy dough nut one, with the use of another ponytail and hairpins to secure the remaining hair around (2nd pic). It's easy, but I don't like those extra hairs wrapped around the bun making it pop out or something.

So, what do you think? =) Let me know how to properly use the dough nut bun because I am finding it difficult to style it neat. Really =(

Thank you,
xoxo
Teli


15 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm in the process of growing my hair out, so i will be back to buns pretty soon! :D

    xoxo, Alexa

    https://stilettosandjuadevivre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I want to try it too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for summer.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair is long passed my belt, so I live in these. Today I french braided my hair, then did a braid bun, I did it in the morning and it's still up! Your hair is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really cute!! Thanks for entering the giveaway and good luck! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @alexa
    Oh hopefully to see your long hair soon :)

    @belly dancer
    Thank you for the tip!

    @Tiffany
    thnx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would love to put hair up in a bun more often! thanks for the tutorial! love your blog!

    http://airilim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cute! I love putting my hair in a donut style bun too!

    www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't do the sock method, so this donut is the only thing that works for me and my thick hair

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so useful!! I've just purchased and tried one recently and had a good few questions compliments on my hair. Brilliant little bun.
    Lovely blog! :)
    <3 Laura x
    lollycoral.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can never get this to work for me, it's infuriating lol. You're doing better than I can thats for sure!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome blog u have..if u want lets follow eachother..
    http://cutepinknpurple.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made my own hair donut with old socks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oankE_DEgYQ

    try using a big barrel curler to curl your ends in, it'll making tucking them in much easier. have you heard of the hair sponge?

    ReplyDelete
  14. ^
    ^
    Ohhh I'll try that! Thanx so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for droppin' by my blog. I appreciate each comment and it means a lot to me. <3 ^__^v


xoxo

teli


 photo blogby.jpg