Saturday, September 3, 2011

Review: Botanics Clay Mask & Face Scrub

When I feel lazy and stress -free, I feel like I wanted my skin to have some pampering spa treatment thus why I get addicted to face masks recently ^_^. Me, my mom, and my sis used to go to our favorite spa called Kamino Ishi way back in the Philippines almost every weekend. Now I kind of missing it because spending money for a similar treatment here is way too much for my pocket. And you have to pay per hour which usually cost $20-60 eeekkkk :(



Now, I find myself indulging in this facial clay mask from Boots Botanics which I really really love! Why clay mask? Well, I did my own research and found out that clay mask has a lot more benefit than regular mask. :)

Clay has the ability to absorb excess oil, dirt and harmful toxins from skin. The high mineral content of clay rejuvenates the skin while the clay exfoliates and stimulates blood circulation to the skin. Regular use of clay facials will remove dead skin cells, improve circulation to the skin, remove debris from the pores and bring about a smooth healthy glow. 

It is basically true on the product I am going to review. Almost all masks have the same routine direction : leave on for 10-20 minutes until it dries out, and then rinse.

Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask 



Botanics clay mask was the first mask I've used at home and Im totally in love with it. Been using this for 5 months now. The consistency is not so thick and just perfect for mask. It dries out fast so you have to apply it quickly in an even layer (which you could use with brush or just bare fingers). Every time I used it and I let it dry for a few minutes, I could see the excess oil coming out and it looks gross! :o Atleast I know I really have an oily skin :(. Most of the parts are on the T-zone area where excess oil and dead skin cells are trapped causing acne inflammation. After a while, it becomes really tight, then you know it's time to wash it off! ^_^


If I could add anything more in this clay mask, I could say it doesn't only leaves your skin very clean, like your skin breathes (lol? :)) but it is also a firming face lift mask which I kinda like :)


Botanics Purifying Face Scrub



Because I love Botanics, I tend to love this face scrub as well. It has tiny granules/ small beads that exfoliates skin and remove dead skin cells leaving the skin sooooooo soft and smooth like literally and I don't want to exaggerate it hahha! It is kind of similar to St. Ives face scrubs effect but this one stands out. I exfoliate at least once a week but sometimes I would forgot hahha! The smell is amazing as well. Nevertheless, ex foliating is VERY important as everybody would say to achieve that nice smooth glowy look. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Gotta try the Botanics mask. I don't know but scrubs make my face red for hours. But awesome blog!

    andshesings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in desperate need of a face mask. Might try this one out! hehe!
    Poppy xx
    http://poppydoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for droppin' by my blog. I appreciate each comment and it means a lot to me. <3 ^__^v


xoxo

teli


 photo blogby.jpg